- Remember that the MCAA site is partly a social forum. By adding any data, comment or information, you are assuming that this may be visible to other users of this social network.
- Remember that you are responsible for your contributions and for any possible consequences to your image and reputation. This is particularly important in relation to your Member Profile. It also applies to the Forum.
- The MCAA site provides a forum for an exchange of views; however it is not the appropriate setting for creating disputes, to discredit other users or third parties, or to lodge complaints or grievances.
- Treat other users with respect; use appropriate and correct language and act as though you are in the presence of the other person.
- Do not post advertising material or use this site to obtain or do business.
- There is two exceptions to this: the Alumni Business Register and the Sponsors’ page.
- We acknowledge the role of sponsors in supporting our aims and we note them on the site as a mark of appreciation.
- In relation to the Alumni Business Register we welcome the advertising of alumni businesses and services. A small fee is charged for this which helps support the aims of the MCAA to support public education. Get in touch with us if you are interested in advertising.
- Outside these pages, no advertising or marketing is permitted and members can be deleted from the site if they continue to spam the site.
- If you are posting your own contribution (text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), we hereby notify you that you are granting authorisation to the MCAA to reproduce it in physical or virtual form where we will indicate your name as author/owner, without prejudice to which other users may also save or reproduce it. Some of this content might form part of a publication relating to the history of the school. You are also granting authorisation to us 1) to add it to the archive of photos and documents about the school; and 2) to make such content available in support the aims of the MCAA.
- The MCAA logo that we use on this profile is copyrighted, belongs to the school, and is adapted, and used with the school’s permission. You should not to use the logo without due authorisation, regardless of the medium.
- Site content belongs to the school Mordialloc College and the MCAA as its agent. You should not download content from this site and copy or print any contribution from it.
- We notify you that within this social network, the MCAA will not request any of your access codes and signatures for online banking systems, nor your card number. Any such requests are managed externally through PayPal. Any personal banking information provided to us for the purposes of membership are provided in good faith and at your instigation. We promise to take all due responsibility and care and will not divulge personal information.
- The MCAA will only ask for personal information for the purposes of registration and to send you information about the MCAA, newsletters, invitations to events, and so on.
- We must preserve the proper use of this site, therefore the MCAA reserves the right to remove, without right of
replacement, any contribution which:
- It considers illegal, disrespectful, groundless, threatening, inappropriate or libellous, socially discriminatory or occupationally reprehensible or which, in any way, may cause material or moral damage or harm to third parties.
- Incorporates third party data without its authorisation.
- Is redundant.
- Unrelated to the aims of this site (i.e., the school, Mordialloc College, and its people).
On sending your contributions to this site, we understand that you accept all these rules and the conditions of use established by the Mordialloc College Alumni Association Inc.
- The MCAA is not responsible for the views expressed on this site and does not assume any warranty concerning the truthfulness, accuracy or updating of the information it contains.
- Under no circumstances shall the MCAA, its committee, or the school Mordialloc College and/or managers, employees and authorised personnel be responsible for any type of damage, loss, claims or expenses, whether arising from the use of this site or otherwise, the information acquired or accessed by or through it, computer viruses, operational failures or interruptions in the service or transmission, or failures in the line; the use of this site, both by direct connection and by link to another medium, constitutes a warning to any user that these possibilities may occur.
- The MCAA is not responsible for other websites which may be accessed through links from this site or any content placed at its disposal by third parties.
- The MCAA reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or restrict the content of this profile, the links or the information obtained through it, without prior notice.
In the event that any issues arise regarding navigation, content and access, please contact the webmaster.
OUR PLEDGE TO MEMBERS:
Principally, and in the first instance on or for the school and its students:
- For disadvantaged students for books, uniforms and camp and excursion costs;
- To advance the recording, digitisation, documentation and preservation of the school’s history (photographs, recordings and histories);
- For books, building maintenance, IT equipment, and other such education-related items;
- To advance scholarship and education for students, e.g., tertiary scholarships and prizes
Secondly, but importantly, on legitimate operating expenses of maintaining the MCAA as as viable Association. This may include:
- Reasonable operating expenses of committee members (e.g., reimbursement for MCAA purchases);
- Website hosting and maintenance, including website re-development;
- Equipment costs, e.g., dedicated slide scanner, archival-quality folders and binders;
- Petrol costs for members working on behalf of the MCAA (e.g., when soliciting sponsorship);
- To further our aims of producing centenary-related merchandise and products (a book, DVD, and other items).
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions or pledges, please email us.